Round 2:

I must admit, a few days ago I was feeling pretty confident about my first round playoff picks. Montreal looked like a team destined for the second round, Pittsburgh took a 3-1 series lead on Tampa Bay, and Chicago stormed back to force a game 7 that I predicted they would end up moving. As it turned out, all of those picks fell apart and I'm left with a 4-4 record and with my Eastern Conference champion pick heading for the golf course. So lets try again!!

Eastern Conference Semi Finals:


(2) Philadelphia Vs. (3) Boston: Talk about ghosts, the Bruins, who just managed to squeak by their forever rival Habs in the first round must now face the very team that came back from 3 games down to beat them in the second round last post season. Expect a fantastic series as both teams have a tremendous amount of depth and skill. Does Tim Thomas win the day for the Bruins? Not the way I see it, Philly has the edge in scoring and I think that will be the deciding factor. Prediction: Flyers in 7


(1) Washington Vs. (5) Tampa Bay: This series has the chance to showcase a ton of firepower. I like the Roloson story line and I believe Alex Ovechkin sees this as his year to prove he belongs in the same conversation as Sidney Crosby when it comes to being a true leader. What I don't like? Tampa's chances against a Capitals team dying to prove that they can win the cup. Prediction: Washington in 5


Western Conference Semi Finals:
(2) San Jose Vs. (3) Detroit: Led by Joe Thornton(?!?!) The Sharks are heading into the second round ready to face a Detroit team they ousted during last years Cup Playoffs. The well rested Red Wings will be out for revenge and I honestly believe that you can beat Mike Babcock once, but if you dare to try again you will fail most miserably. I'm sticking with my Stanley Cup pick. Prediction: Detroit in 7


(1) Vancouver Vs. (5) Nashville: I must admit, I did not think Vancouver had what it takes to beat the Chicago after being tormented by them the past few years. They managed to in what was quite possibly the best round of playoff hockey I have ever seen. I cannot in my good conscience bet against the Canucks again, and as much as I love the way Barry Trotz squeezes every penny out of his players, I just don't think they stand a chance against a team as stacked as Vancouver. Although I will say this, Nashville has a large advantage in net , and as we have seen before, a good goalie can go a long way. Prediction: Vancouver in 6




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Bated Breath They Wait

The Blogging Conundrum

2011 NHL Playoffs: I've Seen this Movie Before